Healing Support Circle is a therapy group for survivors of psychological, emotional, and spiritual/religious abuse in San Antonio, Texas.
NOW ENROLLING for the next sesssion: January 13, 2018 – March 31, 2018; Saturdays from 10am-12pm. There is a fee to register, cost includes individual intake session; book, journal, and all creative materials used throughout the group. Contact Jennifer to enroll now! 210-382-4155
This 12-week circle is centered around the book, Healing from Hidden Abuse, by Shannon Thomas, LCSW and includes guided discussion, creative process, and psychoeducational teaching components. This circle is currently open to women and femme survivors.
With a maximum of 7 clients and 1 therapist, this circle is nurturing, private, and has room for all the pain and anger you might bring with you. There is never any requirement to share during a circle, always an open invitation.
We gather together in a circle because as survivors–myself included–we all have wisdom and insights we can offer one another as well as receive from each other. We may be at different points along our healing and recovery journey, but there is something profoundly healing when we share our process with others. We learn that we are not alone. We are not crazy and broken. There is deep medicine in our collective, “me too.”
Sessions move through a variety of topics including:
- Defining complex trauma, developmental trauma, and cPTSD
- The impact of trauma on the brain
- Safe coping and grounding exercises
- Grief and despair
- Education – what is psychological abuse anyway?
- Awakening – connecting to and channeling our anger and rage for resilience
- Boundaries – how to boost boundaries and keep them maintained
- Restoration – repairing our relationship with ourselves after trauma
- Maintenance – creating a new normal and moving from surviving into thriving
Poster artwork by Jennifer Alumbaugh, LMFT