Healing Support Circle is a psychotherapy group for individuals who have experienced psychological, emotional, and spiritual/religious abuse in Texas.
2021 schedule of Healing Support Circle sections are now available and registration is open for Section 1. Click here to register in FULL or to schedule a HSC INITIAL INTAKE only. This circle is open to and centers the experience of nonbinary people, women, and femme individuals who have been uniquely harmed by the patriarchy, misogyny, and sexism.
2021 HSC Sections:
Winter Section Part 1 :: January 9 – February 13, 2021
Winter Section Part 2 :: March 6 – April 10, 2021
Summer Section Part 1 :: May 15 – June 19, 2021
Summer Section Part 2 :: July 10 – August 14, 2021
Fall Section Part 1 :: September 11 – October 16, 2021
Fall Section Part 2 :: October 23 – December 4, 2021 (skip November 27th)
Fees for Healing Support Circle
- $550 early bird registration per each 6-week group — paid in full up to 14days before the first day of group. Fee includes a 50min individual intake assessment session; the book “Healing from Hidden Abuse,” by Shannon Thomas, LCSW; a journal; a content outline & list of suggested materials.
- $95 for 50min initial intake session and $95/week pay-as-you-go fee option and includes the book “Healing from Hidden Abuse,”; a journal; a content outline & list of suggested materials. Clients who opt for this fee plan will be charged every week regardless of attendance.
- Each 6-week group requires a minimum of 6 clients for the group to run; if the minimum number of clients is not reached, refunds will be issued. NO OTHER REFUNDS will be issued once group begins.
The full Healing Support Circle experience is a total of 25hours of group therapy delivered in 2 parts, each part running for 6 weeks.
Dates are subject to change based on therapist’s schedule; clients will be notified in advance of schedule changes and a make-up session will be scheduled. Changes may occur due to personal or professional time away from the office.
Each session runs weekly for 6-weeks, generally meets on Saturdays from 10:30am – 12:20pm, and meets over a secure Zoom meeting link.
With a maximum of 12 clients and 1 therapist, this circle is confidential, nurturing, private, and has room for all the pain and anger you might bring with you. There is never any requirement to share during a circle, always an open invitation.
We gather together in a circle because as survivors–myself included–we all have wisdom and insights we can offer one another as well as receive from each other. We may be at different points along our healing and recovery journey, but there is something profoundly healing when we share our process with others. We learn that we are not alone. We are not crazy and broken. There is deep medicine in our collective, “#metoo.”
Sessions move through a variety of topics including:
- Defining complex trauma, developmental trauma, and cPTSD
- The impact of trauma on the brain
- Safe coping and grounding exercises
- Grief and despair
- Education – what is psychological abuse anyway?
- Awakening – connecting to and channeling our anger and rage for resilience
- Boundaries – how to boost boundaries and keep them maintained
- Restoration – cultivating our relationship with ourselves after trauma
- Maintenance – creating a new normal and moving from surviving into thriving