Healing Support Circle is a 12-week psychotherapy group for women, femme, and nonbinary individuals who have experienced psychological, emotional, and spiritual/religious abuse in San Antonio, Texas.
A Space to Thrive has scheduled the next three, 12-week Healing Support Circle (HSC) sessions. Click here to register in FULL or to schedule a HSC INITIAL INTAKE only. This circle is open to women, femme, and nonbinary individuals.
HSC Spring 2019
Tuesday Evenings 5:45pm-7:35pm
Feb. 12th – April 30th
Fees for Healing Support Circle
- $650.00 if paid in full before the session begins and includes an 80min individual intake assessment session; the book “Healing from Hidden Abuse,” by Shannon Thomas, LCSW; a journal; light refreshments at each circle; and all the creative materials used throughout the session.
- $65 for initial intake session and $65/week pay-as-you-go fee option and includes an 80min individual intake assessment session; the book “Healing from Hidden Abuse,”; a journal; light refreshments at each circle; and all the creative materials used throughout the session. Clients who opt for this fee plan are still responsible to pay for each of the 12 weeks in the session whether or not you attend circle that week.
*Dates are subject to change based on therapist’s schedule; clients will be notified in advance of schedule changes and a make-up session will be scheduled. Changes may occur due to personal or professional time away from the office.
Each session runs weekly for 12-weeks and generally meets on Tuesday Evenings from 5:45pm-7:35pm.
With a maximum of 5 clients and 1 therapist, this circle is confidential, nurturing, private, and has room for all the pain and anger you might bring with you. There is never any requirement to share during a circle, always an open invitation.
We gather together in a circle because as survivors–myself included–we all have wisdom and insights we can offer one another as well as receive from each other. We may be at different points along our healing and recovery journey, but there is something profoundly healing when we share our process with others. We learn that we are not alone. We are not crazy and broken. There is deep medicine in our collective, “#metoo.”
Sessions move through a variety of topics including:
- Defining complex trauma, developmental trauma, and cPTSD
- The impact of trauma on the brain
- Safe coping and grounding exercises
- Grief and despair
- Education – what is psychological abuse anyway?
- Awakening – connecting to and channeling our anger and rage for resilience
- Boundaries – how to boost boundaries and keep them maintained
- Restoration – cultivating our relationship with ourselves after trauma
- Maintenance – creating a new normal and moving from surviving into thriving